I graduated in Foreign Languages and Literature in 2003 and then received a PhD in Linguistics and Philology in 2008, both at the University “G. d'Annunzio” of Chieti-Pescara. My PhD dissertation concerns “The standard variety of German in South Tyrol”.
In the following years (2009-2010) I worked on different research projects concerning the sociolinguistics of minority languages: for the University of Chieti-Pescara and for the University of Milano Bicocca.
In the years 2011-2014 I worked at the Free University of Bozen/Bolzano as research assistant for two research projects directed by Silvia Dal Negro: Diagramm (on the morphology of German dialects in South Tyrol) and Kontatto (on contact phenomena in South Tyrol).
After a period as Research Fellow at the E-Campus Online University (2014-2017), I worked again on language contact as research assistant at the Free University of Bolzano (2017-2019).
I have been Research Fellow of Linguistics at the University of Cagliari (Department of Literature, Languages and Cultural Heritage) from 2019 to 2022, and Associate Professor for the same Department since september 2022. My courses are:
- Fondamenti di linguistica e filologia con strumenti informatici (Elements of linguistics and philology with digital tools)
- Linguistica e filologia digitale (Corpus linguistics and digital philology)
- Teorie e tecniche della comunicazione orale (Pragmatics and conversation analysis)
- Linguistica applicata per la produzione multimediale (Applied linguistics for multimedia production)
- Database e corpora per la comunicazione giornalistica (Database and corpus linguistics for journalism)
Presently I am involved in the following research projects:
- PRIN 2017WLBK3Z: Writing expertise as a dynamic sociolinguistic force: the emergence and development of Italian communities of discourse in Late Antiquity and the Middle Ages and their impact on languages and societies
- Piano operativo UNICA-RAS 2021-2024: Per la Certificazione linguistica del sardo e l’Istituzione di un Master di II livello in Didattica del sardo
- Ricerca sociolinguistica della Sardegna
I have been member of the Executive Board of AItLA (Associazione Italiana di Linguistica Applicata) since 2023.