The Master Programme (equivalent to Master of Science) in Environmental and Land Engineering (IAT) provides a solid scientific and advanced professional preparation with specific engineering skills that allows to:
- acquire the principles and tools of sustainable design of works, systems, plants and services of interest to the environmental and land engineering;
- identify, formulate and solve, also by means of innovative techniques, procedures and tools, the complex problems of the environmental and land engineering, according to a systemic vision and an integrated and interdisciplinary approach;
- be able to design works for the environment and the territory, being aware of the need for active protection of the natural environment, for sustainable management of natural resources and reduction of the ecological footprint according to the principles of the circular economy;
- be able to understand the complex interactions between human activities and natural systems, recognizing the value of resources and ecosystem services, to ensure the protection of the environment through the minimization of elements of fragility and the optimization of resilience characteristics to climate change, hydro-geological instability, and extreme events in general;
- be able to use information and telecommunications technologies in the representation of the territory and in the acquisition, management and interpretation of data obtained from terrestrial and satellite detection and distributed monitoring networks;
- be able to conceive, realize and consciously use physical, mathematical and numerical models for the simulation of environmental phenomena and processes, knowing how to critically interpret the results;
- know the problems of safety and health protection in natural and anthropic, civil and industrial environments.
The student will then be able to deepen specific thematic areas with the choice of one of the three curricula provided: Environmental Remediation Technologies, Geo-engineering and Land Protection, Spatial and Environmental Planning.